Closet Fix: MY STYLE FIX: LEATHER & PEPLUM   

Monday, October 29, 2012

MY STYLE FIX: LEATHER & PEPLUM

Happy Monday! A few days ago I had the pleasure of attending Gabrielle Union's 40th Birthday Party in NYC. First of all, I personally need to see dental records or a DNA sample before I even believe for a second that she's 40 years old. I'm calling bullshit on that! 
Clearly, she isn't a day over 25. So, obviously, this was some type of ploy to get compliments, because after the shock subsided, all I could think was how amazing she looked for any age, let alone fucking 40. 
I mean, I know it's Hollywood and celebrities are not averse to slathering on all types of creams and injecting various body parts with crazy serums, all in hopes of staying forever young, but, based on the debacle that was Michael Jackson's face, that route doesn't work.
 Clearly, you just end up looking like some alien bizzaro version of yourself, if you're lucky. Often times, these people are unrecognizable, and not in the oh my God you look so good type of way.
  
But, I can honestly say that Gabrielle Union looked the same, and judging from how good she looked at her party, no knife or needle has ever touched that face. At best, maybe some really expensive anti-aging cream, but certainly no botox or plastic surgery.
She just looked natural and young, which would lead me to believe that there must be some sort of satanic rituals involving the blood of virgins or the sacrifice of small farm animals, because it's just impossible to be 40 years old and look 25. Without black magic, or the whole selling your soul to the devil thing, it just doesn't add up.
But, as I mingled at the party in my peplum top paired with a jacket, leather pants, and pumps, I came to the conclusion based on Gabrielle's youthful gorgeous appearance, that when my time come, I'm going the same route, cutting the deal, and negotiating with Lucifer himself, if it means I'll look 25 at 40. 
Enjoy your day! Thanks for stopping by<3
Jacket: Forever21 (similar one herehere, & here)
Top: Romwe (similar one hereherehereherehere & here)
Pants: Target (similar one hereherehere, & here)
Pumps: Milanoo(similar one herehereherehere, & here)
Bag: Asos (similar one hereherehere, & here) 

13 comments:

  1. Gabrielle Union is truly beautiful. I'm shocked she's not gracing more magazine covers and isn't the face of a famous beauty product. Or maybe she is. Either way, your shoes are on point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Gabrielle is so gorge! I feel the same way you do, and I certainly have my theories as to why the mainstream media isn't necessarily clamoring to place her on the cover of more magazines. It's unfortunate, because clearly aesthetically she's worthy, and so relatable. Smdh. In any event, I'm loving the shoes too:) I think I may have to cut myself off from wearing them as much as I do already. Xoxo! Ps-I checked out your blog (aforadrienne.com) and I love it!!

      Delete
  2. The blazer is so cute!! I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dora! I fell in love with the color as soon as I saw it. They also had it in black, but since I have so many blazers in that color, I had to go with the pink. Can't wait to pair it with some of my favorite pieces. Thanks so much for stopping by. Xoxo

      Delete
  3. WTH No way she is 40! That is insane, I just saw her on the cover of StyleWatch and would have never ever guessed! I love the outfit you edgy yet chic! Very nice!

    xo,

    eelsay

    www.theluxuryrehab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww..thanks! I often describe my style in that way. Btw, I was so shocked about Gabby's age. I also have that issue of Stylewatch with her on the cover, and every time I see it, I find it really hard to believe that she's 40! Thanks for stopping by<3

      Delete
  4. hey,saw and liked ur outfits on the look website and am now ur brand new follower.Hope you can check out my blog and outfits on look :)

    http://iheartfashion-styleaddict.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um...why come I'm now finding your blog?!! Saw you feature link on the BLM Facebook page. Now, you got yourself a new follower.

    Meanwhile, very nice look! And, yes, Gabrielle Union looks great for her age.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look! I just found your blog through your feature on Cori'es blog and I am def. a new follower! Love your style!

    Roni
    www.styleandpoise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...Thanks Roni! I'm so grateful to Corie for featuring me on her blog http://www.itsmytaste.com and for sharing my style with all of you. I'm really glad you like it! Thank you so much for your support. Xo

      Delete
    2. So cool necklace and you can customake you own coat! a real Womens Hooded Leather Trench Coat i have got form http://www.cwmalls.com for a gift in this Cgristmas.

      Delete
  7. Ok, Question? I went to the link for the shoes on this post. They look amazing in this picture, but on the link they look a bit darker than your photo and I am a little skeptical about ordering from these type of sites. But girl, those shoes look amazing and the price is even better. Would you recommend buying from this site based upon your experience and secondly did your shoes appear to look a little brighter in person once you got them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg! They do look darker on the site, but the pair I received are much lighter. If you take a look at the "MY STYLE FIX: GRAPHIC SWEATER" post, there is a really good close up image of the shoe. That is exactly how the pumps looks. I was initially apprehensive about the site too, but for the price I took a chance, and I was satisfied with the purchase. The only thing I would say is that I would've loved if my package arrived sooner, but I was regularly updated and informed every step of the way, and I was also able to track the package. Luckily, I was in no rush to have the shoe, but if you are, you will need to plan accordingly. I hope that helps. Fyi, I will definitely order from them again. I already have my eye on a few pieces:) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete