Closet Fix: MY STYLE FIX   

Monday, April 16, 2012

MY STYLE FIX

SUNDAY HIKE: BOYFRIEND SHORTS & HOODIE
Happy Monday!! I don't know about you, but I got a lot of R&R this weekend!I'm not so sure if it was well deserved though.I tend to luxuriate more often than not, but before you start going on and on about how lazy and shiftless I am, you have to realize that the rest is needed. It's so necessary! Trust me, the people around me reap the benefits of my perpetual relaxed state more so than I do. Let's just say without it babies will be pinched, children will cry, and all others will cower. Yeah, it's that serious, and no one is exempt as you can see. Did I not mention that babies WILL get pinched?! It's that crying thing, I can't... 
So, to prevent mass casualties, I like to unwind a lot. It helps. One of my favorite things to do to maintain my chi is hiking. Yesterday, I whipped out one of my weekend go to staples, my converse, and paired them with super comfy pieces, boyfriend denim shorts, white tee, and a sequins hoodie. Heels hardly ever touch my feet Friday-Sunday. For me, It's all about relaxing on the weekends, and heels especially those 4 inches and up, torture devices, that seem better suited for Chinese foot binding, do not exist in my world on the weekend.  
Now on the weekdays, I punish myself just like you do, (SMH-real fast). The higher the better. The more pain, I'm in! If I can barely walk in them, Perfect. As long as the heel gives me life, this honey badger don't care, and I know you know exactly what I'm talking about. You're probably wearing some death traps right now shaking your head real fast at the drama you're putting yourself through. And, the sad part is, these things are mutually exclusive! The best heels always seem to hurt.
Well, I put my foot down (pun intended)on the weekends, and just say no. That way, I'm free to enjoy the moment without the constant mind numbing pain radiating from the place where my foot is supposed to be. I'm free to take normal strides, and dare I say, run. Yes, wipe that shocked look off your face. You heard me correctly, running is possible! I mean, I don't go that far, but I could if I wanted to. 
It's so liberating and freeing that I recommend that you try it. Take a day off from the heels preferably on the weekends when you're not vying for the attention of "BOB" in the cubicle next to you. He's broke, but he's really into heels. Otherwise, pick a day or two, and be nice to yourself. No pain. Just the pleasure created in the moment. 
It's so worth! Enjoy your day! Thanks for stopping by<3


8 comments:

  1. i love your cute outfit <3 now following!

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww..Thanks Natalie! I'm so glad you stopped by<3 Btw, this outfit was so comfy!

      Delete
  2. Love the jacket!-Sharla H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharla! The sequins just adds a little bit of "girlyness" that I need whenever I wear Boyfriend denim shorts.

      Delete
  3. Fashion tips for hiking are without a doubt lacking on other fashion blogs. Thank you thank you thank you! Love the get-up. - cc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, so true! Hey, if you ask me everybody can use a little sequins on a hike, right?! Thanks for stopping by <3

      Delete
  4. I'm the same way! Unless it's a special occasion, I'm in flats all weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jess! I knew I wasn't the only one! Wearing heels everyday can be brutal sometimes. Thank goodness for cute sneaks and adorable flats. Thanks for stopping by<3

      Delete