Closet Fix: MY STYLE FIX: LIGHT WEIGHT TOP COAT   

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

MY STYLE FIX: LIGHT WEIGHT TOP COAT

Don't you just hate returning from vacation to torrential downpours and subzero temperatures. Although that wasn't exactly the case, and "subzero temperatures" may be a slight exaggeration, that might as well have been what greeted me at the airport when I got back from my mini getaway to the Caribbean this weekend. Talk about being jolted back to reality. I mean it was dark, raining, and freaking cold when I got off the plane. To make matters worse, I wasn't even prepared. While everybody else was bundled up in jackets, scarves, and heavy layers, I exited the airport in sandals, a tee shirt, and NO umbrella. Btw, April showers can go to hell. I'm just saying...I'm not into it.   
Cold and rainy after a vaca is so depressing and a little jarring to say the least. Now, to add insult to injury the week is off to a cold start. I'm already wishing I was back on the beach soaking up the sun. At least, I have my top coat to protect me from Mother Nature's last revenge. It's perfect for these unexpected cold days when you need some extra bulk to stay warm, but not that much where you would over heat. 
 
I paired my light weight top coat with a cream sweater, yellow plaid button down, green skinnies, and patent leather flats. I kept the colors vibrant and bright to reference Spring. Maybe Mother Nature will take the hint. At the moment she needs to get a clue, SMH. I hope it's much nicer where you are. Thanks so much for stopping by<3 Enjoy your day! 
P.S.: I didn't forget, I totally showed the shoes this time!

8 comments:

  1. Hey,

    Love the blog, will def be back!!

    www.door251.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...Thank you so much! I'm so glad you like it:)

      Delete
  2. Hey there,
    Would you consider a pink and red combination for the Spring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure!!! Bright vibrant rich colors are so on trend right now! Pairing them together like SJP did is a definite hit!

      Delete
  3. Super cute and casual look. In love with your sweater and bright skinnies. :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the casual vibe too. It's so perfect for the weekend or running errands. Btw, I got the skinnies at H&M and they had other really cool colors too! Thanks for stopping by<3

      Delete
  4. Fantastic color! I love the layers as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love playing with patterns and textures when it comes to layering. It can be so much fun! Thanks for stopping by<3

      Delete