Closet Fix: MY STYLE FIX: LEATHER SLEEVE JACKET   

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

MY STYLE FIX: LEATHER SLEEVE JACKET

Okay so for a while now I've been coveting a leather sleeve jacket like the one from Zara International. By now I'm sure you've seen it, or some version of it. I really love the look especially with the contrast of materials, but I wasn't really loving the price. I don't know about you, but I personally don't have a trust fund or a rich uncle, and for that I blame my shiftless middle class family. Yeah, I'm blaming them, because had they just worked 14 hour shifts instead of 12 hour shifts, holidays, AND weekends, I wouldn't be in this predicament. If you ask me they're selfish, and now I can't buy leather sleeve jackets or whatever my heart desires. First of all, I didn't even ask to be born let alone into a cruel leather sleeve jacketless world. Shame on them. Those monsters. 
Well, I'm all for turning lemons into lemonade. So, I went out and got myself a half dead Sugar Daddy! He barely has enough energy to breathe on his own let alone do the nasty dance with me, so I'm safe. Naahh!! I couldn't do that, at least not without a shit load of quaaludes running through my veins. Besides, just the thought of wrinkly old skin pressed up against mine is enough for me to stare clear of that path...for now. Hell, if things get any harder I'm willing to just lay there and go to my happy place. But for now, I'll make lemonade another way.  
What I decided was to wear a vest that I recently purchased over a leather jacket that I already owned. A few minor adjustments and in my opinion it's definitely similar to the leather sleeve trend that I initially wanted. Ideally, I would've preferred the khaki green color juxtaposed to the black leather sleeves, but for now I'll gladly stick with this one especially if it prevents me from having to swap fluid with some nasty old man.
I decided to pair my new creation with a stripped shirt, dark blue skinnies, and black booties. The best part is that most people will probably think that I bought this item with my trust fund money, but little do they know that I'm a broke chic just thinking outside the box. They also don't need to know that as a result I can breath a sigh of relieve and keep my lady parts to myself. It's a total win win.
Enjoy Your day! Thanks for stopping by<3 
P.S- Don't forget to sign up for the Michael Kors Giveaway. The Winner will be chosen on 5/20/12. 



10 comments:

  1. Very cool idea! Love the accessories! - CC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CC! I'm all about finding ways to keep my money in my pocket. This definitely accomplished that. Thanks for stopping by<3

      Delete
  2. I love the texture combo in this outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dora! Me too! That's what I love about that trend, and not to mention it's perfect for this in between weather. So glad you stopped by<3

      Delete
  3. Love this idea so much!! I refuse to spend that kinda money even though ive seen the jacket from Zara and it is drool worthy lol. Your idea is super creative :)

    Chioma
    CsEvolutionofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg! Chioma that Zara jacket is everything! But just out of principle I won't spend that type of money on that jacket. I just can't. Now, if it goes on sale I'll be the first one in line. Btw, I'm currently stalking the hell outta it. I may just be the first one in line if they ever announce a sale:)

      Delete
  4. great jacket....! you look awesome...

    www.petitgraphie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana:) I really love that mixing of textures look. It just seems to work. Thanks for dropping by<3

      Delete